Sunday, 21 January 2018

Christmas Card Club - Christmas Baking

It was my turn to choose a theme for our fortnightly Christmas Card Club and I chose Christmas Baking. I wanted to use this NBUS Marks Finest Papers Cookie stamp which I have owned for a few  years now. I won this stamp in one of their challenges, and I am sad to say that this company appears to be no longer trading. I stamped off several different cookies from this stamp set, and will be featuring them in the next couple of posts.

Todays cookies are still on the cookie sheet...either they are very large cookies, or my cookie sheet is quite small! I fussy cut them after colouring with copics and using a white Sharpie pen for the zigzag details. A quick lick of clear Wink Of Stella gave them a festive feel.

I started with a 6x6 Hunky Dory  square easel card and envelope, and covered the top with Doodlebug Designs Here Comes santa claus. I overlaid the top of the sheet with a candy designed paper from my  VOS Martha Stewart, Peppermint Winter Mat pad.  I know it is wasteful, but sometimes I just want the ease of overlaying, rather than stopping to measure and cut so the two pieces line up exactly. This MS mat pad has lots of embossed glittery candies.

A strip of silver glittery washi tape grounds the various silver finishes in both the pearlescent silver cookie sheet and the chrome utensils. I cut the cookie sheet from a snippet leftover from cutting up a  silver finished 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch premade card. I thought it was just the right shade and finish to resemble a cookie sheet.

The mixing bowl, tools, and oven mitt are all 3D stickers from Dollarama. I pick these up whenever I see them as the workmanship on this set is quite good for $1.25
I covered the inside with another Doodlebug Design paper from the same paper pad. I am pretending the tray on the inside flap are tarts...if you squint really hard, I think you just might agree...

If you would like to check out the other ladies baking cards, the hyperlinks are imbedded on my right sidebar. I know there are some wonderful cards there. If you are interested in joining out little club, drop me an email.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club - Christmas Baking
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets. My snippets are the cookie sheet and all the stamped cookies themselves.  I always save my snippets of stamping card as it is pricey and little pieces are perfect for any stamping that needs fussy cutting..

Sunday, 7 January 2018

Christmas Card Club

A very unwanted bout of flu has kept me from posting earlier. DH came down with it just before me and is still feeling very poorly. I must be getting better as I remembered my Christmas Card Club deadline was this morning.

I am entering a substitute card this fortnight as I forgot to take a photo of my 3 pixie cards before I mailed them off! My card was made just after Christmas, with some snippets that were laying about on my desk since finishing off with the 2017 Christmas cards. Rather than file them away, I decided to create a card around them.

I managed to not even have to trim the DP...just had to trim the red glitter paper to fit as mats.
Not a very exciting card, but a good use of snippets nevertheless. The sentiment is a cutout from the sentiment page that you can often find in 6x6 pads. I rarely use them. but in this case is worked out quite well.

The Christmas trees were already in my inked and cutout die files. Just had to glue them on and pop dot the largest tree a wee bit forward. A gave the trees a good coating of Stardust stickles along the edges of the branches They have a lovely glimmer now.

Card and envelope - hand cut  4 1/4 x 5 from my stash
DP -Simple Stories  - DIY Christmas -from my stash
Sentiment - DP cutout - from my stash manufacturer unknown
Dies  - Sue Wilson Festive Cllection Winter Trees
Glitter paper - red glitter - from my stash, originally from Joanne's
Glimmer Finish-  Stardust stickles

I am entering this card at Pixies Crafty Workshop where you must use snippets!

Tuesday, 2 January 2018

Surprise Challenge Winner

The winner of the surprise challenge for all those bloggers who entered every Rudolph Days Challenge in 2017 is #9 Sandra H.

Congratulations, Sandra!!!

Could you please drop me an email to and let me know your mailing address and which prize you have chosen,

Thanks to all who entered. I will be holding this extra challenge again next year, so if you wish to participate in the "extra",  get those Christmas cards or Christmas projects ready and enter every month!!!