Tuesday 26 June 2012

Christmas in June!

I am on a much needed and appreciated break visiting my Mom as well as my dear little sister!. Although my sister is in her forties, she will always be my little sister. They live a 4 hour drive away and I do not see them as often as I would like.

I have written before that my little sister was an Olympic rider. Her love of horses and dedication to her sport is evident in her home decor. Her Christmas decorating is all equestrian themed.  It is such a treat to Christmas shop for her as we have more access to these types of things in the city. My girls and I always hit the specialty shops as soon as the Christmas decorations hit the shelves, as the Equestrian themed items sell out in a couple of days. 

I have wanted to do an Equestrian Christmas post for a long time but did not have access to her pictures. I have spent a good part of this morning drooling over her "my pictures" files. I thought I would share a few with you. I am hoping that writing this post will spur me on (no pun intended) to finish my items for the Xmas Craft Fair I hope to participate in. Perhaps you will enjoy this little Equestrian Xmas interlude! LOL

The first few are closeups of the decorations on the tree. 




This little tree is in the sitting room. It is part of a set of two. A friend hand painted the scenes on the pots.

This is the light fixture in the dining area.

25 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

These decorations are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

C said...

Although thinking of Christmas gives me the shakes right now, I have to admit these pics are gorgeous...especially love the chandelier. Little sisters and brothers shall always remain so. :-)

Redanne said...

And a very pleasant interlude it was too, I love Christmas and it is cold enough here in the UK to have it too!!

Darnell said...

That's so cool that you were able to horse around with your little sister. (I couldn't resist!) Thanks for the great photo share! They were awesome, especially the one of the hand-painted pots! Whoa! (Okay I'll stop.)

Sheilagh said...

Now there is a different Christmas tree, I love it, I have a horse mad friend who would love to do something like that.

Thank you so much for you advice about packing for a retreat, it was a little mini tutorial and I am keeping it for future reference.

Right, now back to sorting..

love

Sheilagh 104

Barb King said...

What a fun and meaningful theme to collect. That little saddle looks so real! Barb

scrapn_momof2 said...

I just love love love Christmas decorations!! Thank you for sharing.

Lisa said...

Wow beautiful tree. Love the riding jacket and the saddle. Nice pots lucky lady!

Tracy said...

These are all so adorable, and so interesting.
I really enjoy looking at everyone's tree decorations that they collected throughout the years.

Glenda Atkins said...

I enjoyed my little stroll through an equestrian themed Christmas tree & house. How fun it must be to pull these treasures out each year and put them on display and then make room for more!
hugs
glenda!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh how adorable! super photos

Erika said...

Loving your horse decorations, Christmas just seems so wrong in July but the weather we're having here it may aswell be. Start my Christmas work next month!
Hugs Erika.

May said...

Love the horse decoration.. Fabulous.. Fabulous pics... Hugs May x x x

Mary Jo said...

Very cool theme! :)
And how fun that she was an olympic rider :)

Unknown said...

Hi ya, so sorry I've not been by for ages, life seemed to get in the way!

Thanks for sharing the family pictures - love your sister's Christmas deccos, haven't seen riding themed ones over here.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Sarah

Julia Aston said...

What fun to decorate with a theme - your sisters pics are lovely - have a wonderful visit!

Darnell said...

Thank you for your visits to my blog in the middle of your visits and for your sweet words of encouragement! Hope you're having a blast!

Lisa-Jane said...

Equestrian themed decor is a new one on me but I like it!

Lou said...

christmas in June!! Nice dec's. Thank you for stopping by on Jennifers blog hop and leaving me a comment.

SandeeNC said...

Her decorations are great, was thinking she should adapt a saddle blanket for the base of the tree! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Thanks for sharing. Great details. Jenx

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog. Glad you have a little time for yourself. I feel like I know you already. Jenx

Sarah said...

Wow! love the decs!! Beautiful and so different!!

Anita Scroggins said...

Have a great time on your vacation! I love to go visit family!!

mark gould said...

happy woyww, ok I know its the post above but had to comment on this, My daughter would love that tree, she is horse nuts. me, I can leave the whole xmas thing ;) well if she would let me, (no chance) thanks for stopping by, enjoy your break and happy drafting, mark