Sunday 21 October 2012

Six!!! Yes, she's finally six!

Little Miss C finally turned six!

She is the youngest and smallest in her class so it was important to her to finally be six. The best part about turning six is that you can take "Mom and Me" classes and perhaps learn to shade with your copics!!! Yes!!!

She had her classmates to her house yesterday for a veterinary party. Everyone brought their favourite stuffed animal. There were stations for X Rays, shots, checkups, kennels, feeding stations etc. and they all got a completed health certificate to take home.

Six beautiful birds (lovebirds, parrots etc) arrived with 3 handlers from the bird sanctuary. The children all got to hold and pet the birds. The party was a hit with 2 Mom's taking brochures home to plan sanctuary parties as well.

Today they are off to the pumpkin patch just down the street from us. Usually we go together every year. There are always a few animals to pet and a big covered wagon with seats made from hay bales takes you down into the pumpkin fields. This year they even have some draft horses to pull the wagon. The grandkids will just love that! The waiting area is set up as a store with fabulous pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks, squash and other root vegetables for sale.  This year we are staying home as it is just a bit to unsteady for me this year.

After the pumpkin patch, they are all coming here for cake and course we have a gift.
.
Now I know that looks like a pretty small bag...In fact, I was a little worried if I could fit her gift inside! You see, there are 2 gifts. One she is going to like and one she is going to love...I will leave it to you to decide which is which.

Here's the one I was worried wouldn't fit into the gift bag. It is a little sleeveless dress that ties at the back into a big soft bow. The little velvet shrug jacket is needed of course, for the cold weather here at Christmas.
I always get a Christmas party dress for her birthday. Between both her parents work parties, plus  family and friends Christmas parties, a girl can just never have too many party dresses!
There is another little gift tied up with string and poking just out of the top of her gift bag.  It holds something that she has been wanting for a long time. A few copic pens chosen to colour ponies and a bit of sky...and a blending pen 'cuz everyone knows you need a blending pen to colour  Appaloosa ponies.

Here is her card...tried to make it co-ordinate with the gift bag. I used some really old Bo Bunny stickers, a butterfly from the dollar store and a piece of Authentique Blissfull Collection, Paradise as well as some assorted kraft paper and card.


Because the card was a wee bit thick, I chose to seal the envelope with a sticker...

26 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card, gorgeous colours and design. And how fabby are those presents?! Hugs, Lisa x

Sue Althouse said...

That is one lucky and well-loved six year old! And your party idea is sheer genius!

SandeeNC said...

That girl is starting out early, at this rate she will be a famous master crafter with her own video show at the age of 10! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tracy said...

I was almost expecting you to get her her horse ;)
Sounds like a great party.
That is such a pretty dress, I miss dressing my girls up in those pretty dresses. Now they pick out their own ;)
I love that she wanted Copics :)
Great card and bag you made :)

Becky said...

What a lucky little girl!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Maureen glad to see you are making progress, and some lovely things here! and thanks so much for popping over and popping around too whats more.. ie more than one! :D and yes they grow up so quickly dont they?? Shaz in oz.x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome card! the butterfly is awesome!!

Hettie said...

Wow! I wanna be 6 in your house! Gorgeous gifts for a gorgeous girl! Love that dress...tartan is soo me!
I hope we get to see some of the colouring ins!
xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Veterinary party, wonderful idea, a fun yet learning experience! Love the party dress, oh to have a little girl child to fancy up! Fabulous bag too!
Happy Birthday to the little six year old!
hugs
glenda

Rebecca said...

Hi Maureen I think she will love both her lovely gifts and i really love your card!

Love From Rebecca xx

Sarah said...

A vet's party sounds like such fun!!! Gorgeous gifts ... one very lucky six year old!! xx

Unknown said...

Me again! Firstly happy birthday to Miss C and my what a gorgeous dress, wish my Emily would wear something like that - she only wants to wear leggings and a T!!

Tho I think she would love the Copics!!! She's already stealing my Promarkers - 'mummy's really, really expensive pens' is what she calls them!

Sounds like a great idea for a party as well.

Sarah

laura said...

I am so sorry you are hurting today. I know we just want to get back to a normal life and hn we get set back. Adorable card and gifts. Take care.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Sounds like the perfect day filled with the perfect party (I know my DD would love a vet-themed party) and the perfect gifts. :)

Lisa said...

Great card. Glad they were able to come over and spend some time with you.

Fleursbydesign said...

Lovely card and gift bag

Margie Higuchi said...

What a great ensemble - love the colors :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

How sweet that dress is. I only have 2 sons so never got the chance to go through the "girly" thing...But I love the bag and card. And how wonderful for her to get copics. I would be thrilled...joann sassy raggedy

Erika said...

I think a little girl is going to be a very happy bunny. Loving the dress and shrug...my bridesmaid wore something similar with a winter wedding, and her own proper copics, wow. Great card and parcel too Mo. I think I'd like to visit the pumpkin patch too and the party sounds fab.
Have fun and take care, hugs Erika.

Mary Jo said...

Sounds like a wonderful celebration and gifts! :)
Such a lucky little girl!

Kim x said...

Hi, that is one lucky lady. I so miss being able to buy pretty dresses for my girls. The Grandaughters have always been very picky over what they wear so I gave up on that front ages ago.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all of your concern. You are quite right about the massage it works wonders, unfortunately my Sin-in-law, who is a qualified massage therapist, is always too busy with everything else to fit me in unless I get really desperate.
I hope that you are progressing well, there will always be next year for Halloween and then you can really push the boat out to make up for missing it this year.
Will check in again.
hugs Kimx

downrightcrafty said...

what wonderful creativity just love it great photo's too
Hugs Kate xx

Hettie said...

Hi Maureen Thanks for your visit today. If you send me an e-mail I can send you instructions for this and another similar card to save you looking. They are not mine but I have permission to send them to you!
Hugs
xx

Julia Aston said...

How exciting lif is when you are 6! looks like she lucked out with two wonderful presents and a lovely card to boot!

Di said...

Hi Maureen - how did I miss this then?! How exciting for little Miss C - and what a fabby card and presents you gave. Wanna adopt me?

Hugs, Di xx

Pia S said...

A perfectly matching set of gift bag and card! I love the bold colors you've used, they look great against the kraft. Such a nice idea to decorate the envelope too!