Thursday 4 October 2012

Still alive and almost kicking

Just a short update from the hospital.
I have had my back surgery and I'm on the road to recovery.
I have been up and walking already...just hours after the operation.  Not very far...but up and moving.
Since the initail short walk, I had a little set back with my blood pressure crashing to 78/38 whenever I stood up or sat up, so had some problems with passing out and got  taken off the "walking list". Drat!
They finally figured out yesterday that it was from my Oxycodin so my surgeon made a decision to pain manage only with T3's  and I don't pass out anymore...Yay...I get to be mobile again!
Pain is a bit of  handful to manage but it ws really bad before surgery and I manged then with T3's so I am sure I will be OK.

Little by little, I will be able to walk farther and farther...before you know it, I  will  walking again with my husband  after supper, just like we used to do.

Time to take a nap...will update again once I am home.

Maureen

16 comments:

Pia S said...

Hope you do all right and will be home soon. Good luck!

Di said...

Bless - have been thinking about you! So pleased you can get about a bit - and remember, no pain no gain. You just had major surgery so it won't happen overnight. Each day will get better and soon you'll be back in the Playground running round with us again. Sending love and hugs from Di, and all your Playmates :)) xxx

Anne-Elise said...

So happy your back surgery is over now! I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery! Hugs

Jo said...

Oooo, that's uncanny! Just sent you a quick email then logged into blogger and yours is the first post I see!
Wow, on your feet already.....way to go Maureen, that's great news!
Big hugs
Jo x

Anonymous said...

great to see a post from you! praying for your recovery :)

debby4000 said...

Hope things improve quickly for you and you back walking without pain soon.
luv
debby

Sassy Raggedy said...

So glad you are getting better. But take it easy and do what they say...Keep us updated...I have you in my prayers. joann sassy raggedy

Kathy said...

So glad to hear it all went well! Take care of yourself...and I hope you can stay ahead of the pain with the T3's. :)

Bernie said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope you will be pain free and up walking with your DH again real soon. Take care.
Blessings
Bernie

Glenda Atkins said...

So glad the surgery is over and you are on the road to recovery. Don't over do it and please take care of yourself.
hugs
glenda

Hazel said...

Hey Scrappy Mo - hope you feel real better soon and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some lovely comments.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care

Ta ta for now.

Hazel xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh bless you hun, loved reading your comment and I am so pleased that you are getting some rest and getting better by the day, so relieved that I am not the only one that did the mint green and peach thing seems so long ago now - gosh showing my age here aren't I shhhhhhhhhhh take care hun
Hugs Kate xx

Lisa said...

Glad to here you are ok been thinking and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are healing well

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

So pleased that you are getting mobile so quickly after your surgery.

You are clearly made of tough stuff!!

I am sure your positive attitude is helping no end!

Take care.

Love Jules xx

Tracy said...

So happy every thing went well.
Take care.
I am happy that your doctor put you on T3's instead of the oxycodin, that stuff is so addictive. It is a big problem here with addicts...scary.