Thursday 26 September 2013

September Rudoph Day


Once a month, Sarn at Stamping For Pleasure, runs a Christmas card challenge. It is a great way to boost your finished Crimbo cards.
This year, I am trying to have all my cards made, written out and addressed sometime before mid November. I want to relax and enjoy the Christmas season! Sarn's challenge and some others that I also take part in, keep me on track to meet this personal deadline.

Pop on over and take a peek...the ladies are all a friendly bunch and Sarn will make you feel so welcome.

I stamped my holly image several years ago at a Michael's Make and Take. I think it may have been the first time I used embossing powders. The image and the sentiment are both stamped with versamark and then embossed...hopefully you can see it in the photo.


Although  I love the look of embossing, it is not a technique that I use very often. I am a bit of a neatnik and the loose pieces of powder drive me crazy and make me itch! lol  I tend to emboss at classes or at make and takes like this one. If I emboss at home, I tend to do it outside in the summertime!

I made this so long ago (several years ago at least) that I can not remember the name of the EP. It does have a shimmer of various sparkly colours.
The tag is the remant of  large Basic Grey tag and is from a sheet of various punch out tags. It is so old, I do not have the ID strip anymore. Sorry!

Recipe
Card Base and envelope - from my stash 
DP - My Minds Eye = Winter Wonderland
Card Stock = snippets of green and navy blue
Tag - from my stash (Basic Grey, Pattern unknown)
Pointsettia - K and Co
Brad - red brad from my stash

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Stamping for Pleasure Rudolph Day - must be Christmas
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
3. CHNC Extra - Must be Christmas 
4. CHNC - Challenge 143 Stamp, Stamp, Stamp

34 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Why apologise? You have put some 'old' stash to very good use, and made a lovely card. Kate x

Carol said...

This is a lovely Christmas card Maureen. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month too. Carol x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Christmas card Mo,I love the design.
Kevin xx

Hazel said...

Lovely stamping, Maureen - beautiful card for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see more of your Christmas loveliness soon. x

MaryH said...

Oh, Mo, I wish you lived next door to me too. I love to share! It helps get creativity going - for me anyway. Someone else always uses my NBUS in a way I never thought to do! I love your pretty card (although it is reminding me, I meant to make a Rudolph Card last night, ended up making an Autumn one out of a previously sprayed background!). You did fab on your embossing. I have the same trouble with glitter, but usually my EP doesn't get flighty. Do you have an embossing buddy to use on your paper first? Your snippet tag made a lovely background too. Must remember that, as I have some. Oh we could enjoy NBUS to our heart's content if we pooled our supplies! LOL. TFS & Hugs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card-Love that Holly!And your matting and layering background looks fabulous :)
Nessa xxxx

Mrs A. said...

A beautiful card and the embossing on the holly and berries is hosing up perfectly. A very classy card. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

Hi Maureen! this is gorgeous hun, when I'm embossing I always use an anti-static bag, just rub it over the card your using and makes it so much easier huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tracy said...

This is such a pretty card.
I love the traditional colours.
I have been working on some Christmas images myself :)

brenda said...

Call mean old-fashioned gal Maureen but I do like my heating bossing, it just adds that little extra.

There's something about the traditional Christmas colours by always like and you can't beat a poinsettia.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Redanne said...

Every time I see your gorgeous Christmas cards I want to get my things out and start too, but I never seem to get round to it - perhaps after Halloween. This card is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Maureen a fab Christmas card, I love embossing it adds a lovely touch to cards with minimum effort! Susan x

Sarn said...

Hi Mo . . . your embossing is FAB and I love the layout of this card. Congrats on using up an image you've had for a long time.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

craftybren said...

Traditional colours, traditional images but with a different twist, a great card

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Maureen :-) the image and whole design is fabulous :-)
Sue already mentioned swiping an anti static bag or powder tool over your card before embossing, this really does work and stops stray embossing powder getting where it shouldn't :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Hettie said...

This is beautiful Mo. Love the design with the tags too - very clever.
We all use VOS so don't worry about it. Like fashion it all comes around!
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Oh Mo, this is really lovely! The embossing is great but I shy away from it too :) I do use an anti-static bag but apparently a little sprinkle of baby powder swiped over will work - so says Barbara Gray of Clarity Stamps.

I'd LOVE to have all the Christmas cards written by mid-November, can't see me being that organised though, sigh.

Hugs, Di xx

Debs Willis said...

Love that holly' and what a great way of using a tag as background - will have to borrow that idea!
Hugs
Debs x

Kathleen said...

Great card, love the layout and a great image, poinsetter is fab.

Kath x

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty stamping and card!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card and I love the heat embossed image. Know what you mean about the mess though:O). Hope you make your mid-November self imposed deadline!!
hugs
Glenda

Jules said...

Hi Mo

No way all my Christmas cards will be written and ready for sending that early .. .. but perhaps one year? You never know.

Loving the Christmas card you have posted here. Something extra special about embossing .. .. I love it!!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Karen Petitt said...

That is really beautiful and so classy - love it! x

Pia S said...

This is so beautifully traditional and Christmasy! Great design!

Lea.H said...

Ooh thats such a lovely card Lx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful embossing and a totally gorgeous card! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Sally H said...

What a beautiful card! Just beautiful!

Carol L said...

This is beautiful, and I love the way you used a tag as a background! Nice work on this one!!

Bonnie said...

Such pretty holly, Maureen! And that poinsettia is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.x

Darnell said...

This is beautiful, Maureen! Fantastic snippets card!!

Karen said...

Embossing looks so wonderful. I don't do embossing as it would be messy as I craft on my work trays on my bed. It's already covered in glitter! LOL! Thanks for sharing! Karen x

Sandy said...

Your Christmas card is so very pretty. You are a heck of a lot more organized than I am - maybe I will start tomorrow!!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Another lovely one, your craft room is going to be empty soon if you keep using up all your stuff like this, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda