Tuesday 11 February 2014

Kicking Up My Heels

I am still busy playing at Winterfest 2014, at Two Peas In A Bucket.

When I noticed the "In the Round" challenge, I knew which stamp I wanted to use. I have been itching to get these stamps inky since I received them from my lovely blog buddy Redanne. I am always a bit timid to use my lovely gifts... as I don't want to disappoint the giver if I mess it up. I knew I wanted to use the Sakura Gelly Roll Silver pen to hilight the heel, buckle. strap and flowers...so I was a bit worried I would not be able to carry it off.

After I stamped and coloured the image with copics, I did that Gelly Roll outlining and it was easier than I thought! Funny how you can get yourself worked up about nothing...lol

The challenge requires the image to be cut in a circle and also requires the use of at least two embellishments. As my card developed, I realized that it would also fit the 4 embellishment brief for the "Embellish This" challenge as well. What luck...
I kept my design paper to just one sheet as the image circle is quite large and I wanted to use those fairly large Marianne corner dies as well. I backed the ribbon with a piece of the silver glimmer card stock and tried out a small rhinestone belt buckle as well. Well, to be honest, it isn't really a belt buckle. I spied it in a packet of a dozen hair bows at the dollar store. I cut the "buckles" off  to Upcycle on cards.
Here is another photo that shows the Gelly Roll outline...sorry about the glare...it was impossible to avoid it tonight. All my photos tonight seem a bit paler and softer than IRL.


I did not finish the inside of this one as I have not yet decided if it will be a birthday card or perhaps even a Mothers day card.

Recipe
Card Base and envelope - from my stash
Design Paper - First Edition, Bird Song
Card Stock -  snippets of Silver and Charcoal, Somewhere In Time Fantasy Shimmer Paper
Embellishments
1. Ribbon - snippet of pink chiffon ribbon, from my stash
2. Bling - charcoal diamonds, from my stash
3. Charm - from a friend in England
4. Twine - snippet of fine silver cord, from my stash
5. Belt Buckle - from the Upcycled Dollar store bows
Dies- Spellbinders petite circles and scalloped circles; Marianne corner dies from Shaz in OZ
Stamp - The Crafthouse Press, Fabulous Kling On K006 Shoes

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with patterned paper
3. Two Peas In A Bucket - In The Round and Embellish This
4. Die Cutting Divas Challenge - Girls Night Out ,Use Pink, Girly,

25 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful card! This would be perfect for Die Cut Divas http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-challenge-girls-night-out.html.

scrapn_momof2 said...

So elegant and pretty!!

Bonnie said...

What fun for a girlfriend! Love these shoes that you've done up so prettily!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is darling. Love how you accessorized by making the ribbon embellishment a belt. And the charm is a wonderful touch, too. The gelly roll looks great for that added sparkle.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

All that pretty sparkle on your card! It is very elegant, pretty and feminine. I really like your fancy dollar store embellishments!!

Mrs A. said...

I have this stamp which I bought from a blogging friend. She didn't want it any more and placed it on her blog for sale so I snapped it up. I have only used it twice but love it. I like how you have used the jelly roll on the flowers and straps. I used glossy accents which worked well too. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

What a gorgeous card Mo!!! its really pretty lots of huggles Sue xx

Sandy said...

So pretty. The shoes are lovely as is the matching bag. Anne is a very sweet lady. Lucky for both of you to have such a talented friend!!
sandy xx

Darnell said...

Oh, Maureen, your creation is splendid in every way and I'm sure Anne is going to be so pleased with what you've done!! It's fabulous that you've used snippets and been able to enter lots of challenges, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Rebecca said...

Hi ScrappyMo hope your ok. Your card is very elegant and very pretty! I love the corner bits and the paper is gorgeous!

Love From Rebecca xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Maureen this is a real girly girl card, so pretty. Pretty image, oh to be able to wear shoes like that still! Susan x

Kathleen said...

look like Dancing shoes to me Mo, and handbag in the middle of the circle or maybe that didn't happen in your neck of the woods.
Fab card.

Kath x

Carol L said...

What a wonderful, feminine creation!! I love those shoes, and especially the "buckle" with the dangling heart charm!

Pia S said...

This is beautifully feminine and sparkly and I love pink with grey!

Di said...

What a pretty card Mo! Great image and it's all tied together so beautifully with the buckle etc.

Hugs, Di xx

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Maureen, I love your image and pretty pastel colours.
Pauline
x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh goodness Maureen this would be a wonderful Mother's Day Card. I love those corner dies. The image is perfect. Great card my friend...Hugz, joann

Tracy said...

Your card is very pretty.
I like the soft colours you used

Jean said...

Very pretty feminine card,great stamped image and pretty embellishments.
Jean x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Diva's!
And thanks to Greta for spreading the word.

MaryH said...

I think Anne would agree - well done on the use of this chic image! Loved your Sakura glitz, and wow'd on your buckle find. Good eye you have to spy these great bargains and know how to use them. Perfect embellie for your night out on the town. TFS &Hugs

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous. So pleased you found out about our challenge and joined us at Die Cut Divas

Sandy said...

Pretty shoes for a night out dancing. Very special card with all of your neat embellishments. I like the buckle with the hanging heart.
Sandy xx

Arlene said...

Love the old-fashioned shoes. SO Sweet.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with anotherr lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x