Wednesday 29 October 2014

A tad late - Round II Card 26

To be honest, I am much more than a tad late with my Winters Wonderland  card for my Christmas Card Club. Over three weeks late, in fact!

I found this Stampin' Up Welcome Christmas image when I was sorting out my room. It is another one of the precut kits I made long ago. They may even be from a crop evening! The image was already stamped, and even matted on the brown card with some iridescent glitter to finish it off.

 I decided that to a child...this was the definition of a winter wonderland! I love the feeling of excitement and  movement that is contained in this playful image.


I rifled through the rest of the precut snippets in that envelope, and put together this card. I have had these elements sitting ready to finish for so long and somehow lost the original sketched idea. Not sure what the card was supposed to look like originally, but I just added bits and bobs till I thought it looked finished.

I went over the ivory embossed snowflake card with my Wink of Stella clear pen. It has a subtle sparkle but also has that faded look that WOS creates on any coloured card. I liked the look of the fading so I swirled a bit on the dark brown card mat around the image...I hope it gives the look of snow!

Here is a bit of a closer look at that faded effect.


The card stock, the DP, and the border punch are from Stampin' Up. I think the snowflake embossing folder is from Cuttlebug...not sure about the kraft card EF...maybe an old Stampin' Up one.  The ivory snowflake is a Martha Stewart punch and the bling, and  twine were added from my stash.

Feels good to finally get this envelope of old stash actually made up into a card!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Marks Finest Papers Speedy TV Inspirational Challenge - Vintage Girls -  I chose images 2 and 3. The background ivory shades on 2 reminded me of the faded look of the WOS pen on coloured card. 3 as it reminded me of snowballs fights and sledding are a kids version of a Winter Wonderland.
3. Christmas Card Club - Winter Wonderland

23 comments:

Carol said...

Better late than never Maureen and it was worth waiting for. Great winter wonderland image and a fabulous snippet buster. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen better late than never, especially with this lovely card, the image is sp pretty, great design too, hugs Kate x

Jean said...

Super card, the stamped image is sweet, and I love all the textures and layers you made.
Jean x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Lovely card Maureen. The image does indeed remind me of the fun we used to have in the snow as youngsters! Susan x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Mo, I like the image the embossing and the gems
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Hi Maureen!! This scene brings back memories of my childhood with my older brother pulling me on our sleigh and then of me doing the same with my own children and Grandchildren ...fantastic card ..hope you are both well lots of huggles from me and Paul xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sue

jimlynn said...

Glad you found it because it's so pretty! Love the monochromatic look on this and that embossing with the gems. VERY pretty card!
Lynn

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, your card is stunning!!!
I love the colours, the image and all of the layers.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the silhouette of the children sledding. The embossing folder looks like swirling snow. That was a great choice! Thank you for joining us for the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge.

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous,a fab design.xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Nice to have you back and your Winter Wonderland is well worth the wait Maureen! Certainly brings back so many childhood memories. Ah, those were the days! Hope you are well. Hugs Christine xx

brenda said...

The image has a lovely traditional feel to it Maureen and goes so well with the colours of a vintage feel.

B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a delightful card.
The embossing looks great, and that image is fab.
Wonderfully designed card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hettie said...

What a beauty MO! Well done you. It was waiting for you to do a great job of it, hence the time it took!
Hugs
xx

Di said...

A lovely card Mo! Such an evocative image and beautiful elements to go with it - and clever use of the WOS on the frame, works a treat!

Hugs

Di xx

Pia S said...

Talk about turning snippets and old stash into a treasure! Love that old time image!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Maureen, definitely worth waiting for. I love your image and beautiful embossed panel with the pretty gems.
Pauline
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It is a card worth waiting for! I love the swirled snow look the embossed background gives. I remember loving to play in the snow as a child. The very thought of the stuff now makes me shiver!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous silhouette image and I like how you created the snow! The embossing looks fab too!

Bonnie said...

I think I have this stamp but have never used it. I need to do some cleaning out myself! This is a great card! I love how the embossing looks like swirling snow!

MaryH said...

Oh WOW! This is a beauty. Don't you just love the sparkle of those WoS. And so easy to use. Am loving all the embossing and textures on this one...and that is one delightful image. Really exemplifies a child's winter fun. Good for you at finding & using some NBUS things. WTGo! TFS & Hugs

Greta said...

Just beautiful!

coldwaters2 said...

Glad you found this image and made up the card Mo it is fantastic a superb Winter wonderland card.
hugs
lorraine x