Friday 29 July 2016

Bargains Galore

I often mention that some of my cardmaking supplies came from the annual garage sales held at my local papercraft stores.

The store rents out tables for 5 or 10 bucks and the vendors sell their unwanted supplies in the back parking lot of the store. It is usually smoking hot, so most of the regular vendors choose to invest in an awning to give some shade for themselves and their customers. Even with an awning, one vendor passed out at this last sale and had to go in an ambulance to the hospital.

There are even some vendors who have a small business selling overruns and discontinued items. There are several with Tim Holtz only tables, Spellbinders only tables, and Stampin Up tables. The latter are Stampin Up Reps who are selling the"extras" that they themselves buy, when a hostess does not  purchase all the specials he is entitled to on her order...

 The sales was last Sunday and thought I would show you some of my bargains. Sorry in advance for the glare on these photos. The packaging really caused glare!

I was delighted to get these Tim Holtz stamp sets for $5 each sheet of 4 images. I thought that was quite a bargain as they were unused and sell here for $30 new.

Next up are some acrylic and also some cling stamps. All the wee stamps were 25 cents and the tree shaped Xmas sentiments were $1 and the other was $2

A few more stamps...the green dog themed stamps and matching inkpad are for my friend who makes dog cards.

I   am delighted with the acrylic blocks. They have a grid pattern on them and the curved one is perfect for arranging individual letters to form an unusual sentiment style.
The embroidery scissors cut paper really well too...They were new in package and were free!  I didn't need them but loved the style and shape! The Bo Bunny Xmas stamp in the top left corner is Brand New In Package and may become a Rudolph Days Prize! The flowers are micro teensy and match some regular small flowers I already own.


I also bought 75 sheets of double sided 12x12 scrapbook papers which I will cut up to 6x6 and use for card kits when it is my turn to host at  Langley Stampers Club. They were 25 papers for a dollar. I did take a while to go through them all as she had about 500 sheets available, but patience paid off as I managed to get teensy sized patterns or inky looking shaded papers on one side.
I also bought 25 sheets of various coloured cardstock...also a dollar !

Hope you enjoyed the photos. There are 4 of these sales each summer, at the shop about a mile from my house. There is also another sale in the neighbouring village...just once a summer! I have made three so far this year, but sadly will miss the sale in mid August as we will not be home. Drat!!!

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

WOW! You got some great deals - ENJOY your stash!

Kathyk

Di said...

Wow Mo! What a haul, well done you! We have nothing like that over here, if we did I'd be first in line :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

WOW - you certainly got some bargains there Mo. xxx

Kath said...

Amazing bargains - I wish there wwere similar sales near me!
Kath x

cotnob said...

Wow! You certainly picked up lots of fabulous supplies, I can't wait to see what you make with this lot.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Some fabulous bargains here Mo, well done.

Kath x

Jane said...

Wow...what an amazing haul! xx

Valerija said...

Wow, amazing new supplies. Enjoy with them!
Valerija xx

Cara said...

Wow, that's amazing. Think I might have to move.... Cara x