Saturday 20 August 2016

Snippets and VOS

This post is in tribute to two wonderful ladies, Darnel and Di . These two ladies have blogs that consistently inspire me.

Di  runs a weekly snippets challenge on her blog, Pixies Crafty Workshop. Yes, you read correctly. Di's challenge is that you must use snippets somewhere on your card. Even better yet...on all of your card! Her own cards are lovely. She is brave enough to stamp direct to card and embraces many techniques. Her directions are always clear and easy to understand.

Darnell's blog, djkardkreations, is full of witty posts that leave it  impossible for you to read and not crack a wide smile. Darnell  has created many acronyms that have become used and treasured by other bloggers. She coined the term VOS which stands for Very Old Schtuff ! Darnell has a challenge starting on Aug 27th where she asks you to submit a NBUS card (never before used schtuff). You can find the details on her blog here... hope to see you there!

So, my card today is a tribute to both of these ladies...a card made from snippets and full of Vos items. The triangles of the background DP (dollar store) were leftovers from a previous card. The Dream sentiment was stamped many years ago, using white Brilliance Ink on a purple snippet of card It was then filed away and forgotten (VOS). The two tags, the green Dream rectangle complete with dragonfly accent and the large spotted green paper flower petals, are part of a set I bought a few years ago, at one of my neighbour's garage sales. (VOS)
The butterfly is from a package of butterflies, picked up from  Michaels clearance bins.  The purple and beige petals of the flower are from the glass jars of flowers that decorate my craft room. They are about 10 years old (at least). Very Vos indeed. The black center is a brad...remember when we used those on every card?


So, there you go. A card made with previous rejects, long lost items and some very old schtuff!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

15 comments:

brenda said...

Love your choice of colours Mo and great use of your snippets.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Maureen, I've just started taking part in Di's challenge and I have loads of NBUS so guess I should take part in Darnell's challenge when it starts too.

Sue xx

Valerija said...

Beautiful! Love all the layers!
Valerija xx

Di said...

Hi there Mo!

Oh what kind words - and a fabulous card too. So many wonderful goodies used - and I sure do recall when almost every card I made had a flower on with a brad in the centre :) But these things come round again so it never does to throw them out is my philosophy.

I posted your prize off yesterday afternoon BTW! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

A lovely card Mo and a great tribute to those two special ladies. I love the colour and lots of interest too. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a wonderful tribute to to wonderful bloggers who inspire all of us.
Yes you are right about Darnell's witty ways, and I never leave from my visit without a smile on my face, and her work is so very superbly created.
Di works wonders every week with her wonderful challenge, and her cards are always so perfectly created also.
They both stamp straight onto cards which I find very hard to emulate as my stamping is not so good.

Love your fab card, and the wonderful stamped sentiment.
The colour choices are super, and what a glorious flower.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

Life would be nothing without Di and Darnell, so I agree with you on their inspiration. Great make for recycled items on this card - well done!

chrissie said...

A wonderful idea to show how you were inspired for this terrific project

Love Chrissie xx

Sarn said...

Darnell and Di are both lovely aren't they - and how nice of you to do a blog post in their honour.

Love your snipetts/VOS/NBUS card Mo.

Have a lovely weekend

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pia S said...

Doesn't it feel great to use some really old stash and leftover elements and create a card that you're happy with on top of it all? I think it's beautiful. I also have blogs and bloggers that inspire me to use old and even unused stash, they're many, I love visiting blogs because it's such a great way to find inspiration and mojo.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maureen, pretty colours and lots of lovely layers.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Great card for two great card makers.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love this mix of scraps and VOS!! Any piece tells a story, and matches very well with the others! Fab "Bit and bobs design"!! Your card is really a perfect tribute to Di and Darnell! :D

Greta said...

Wow--you put all those goodies together perfectly, Maureen! I know Di & Darnell will smile when they read this!

Sandra H said...

Wow Mo this is gorgeou l love all of the elements used x